Monday, June 2, 2008

fainting spells

the countdown is two days until we step into Godcity.
i've spent about eight hours a day for the last four days, shitty ten-dollar headphones on, listening to rough takes of new songs.
Trying to reinvent what I do and what is expected out of us.
I've immersed myself into music and art and creation for as long as I can remember, making unexpected and ill-advised breaks along the way. I'm sitting here writing this, taking a couple hours to watch "amazing journey"....another of the hundred or so amazing documentaries on the one and only The Who.

seriously....how fucking cool is this band?

completely off topic:
so, i found myself a new job.....something i can actually consider not shitty at all.
I'm going to be a nanny. really. most may laugh that someoneone would trust me with their five year old daughter, but it's something i've done before and am quite good at. I don't want kids....i'm in no way a father figure. But, a slightly off the beaten path uncle? I can do that shit with my eyes closed. In between tours while I'm in seattle, i'll be polishing off my babysitter's club card.

baba o'riley, man......fuck

last little note:
for those of you that have asked when the pressed version of "failgivers, volume one" will see the light of day, i can say this:
it's partially my own fault it hasn't moved forward.....the audio version just hasn't been recorded yet. between the tours, and the handwritten versions, i just haven't taken the time to do it. Until then, I still am taking orders for the handwritten version and with the next two months off from being in the van, much more will be accomplished this summer.
i'm working on a series which will most likely be self published some time in the next year. No name or specifics to reveal at the moment, other than to say that it will be a collection of short stories.

also in about a month, i'll be making a huge update to my artist's blog with a bunch of pieces that have been done in the last half-year.

back to seizures.....

No comments: