Tuesday, January 6, 2009

06.01.09

It was brought to my attention that I haven't written anything on here in three months.
So, here's a recap:
I went to Europe. Trap Them did a three and a half week tour with Grief. It was much different than our first European experience, but at the root of it all, we still had a very good time. The guys in Grief had me laughing quite a bit. It was nice to tour with a bunch of fellow native New Englanders. I also had a passionate romance with alcohol each and every night, which is understandable if I went into great detail about the tour. Most would be surprised I didn't drink more.

Flew back home and had one day off before we did a week down the west coast with These Arms are Snakes and Narrows. It was, to be honest, one big party. Everyone had a great time. Every band sounded fantastic and at the end of the tour, even though I had been out for three months, I wished that this last leg had been another week or two.

Flew home from Los Angeles to Seattle with my ladyfriend, who was able to accompany us shitheads on this last week of tour. It was nice to have her there...nice to be able to see her after such a long time apart. When we landed at Sea-Tac, we were greeted by glorious snow. More snow than I'd ever seen while living here. After an extended cab ride back to the house, I immediately had to start christmas shopping, seeing as I hadn't had the opportunity to do it while in the numerous vans.
A day later, Seattle was hit with one of the hardest snowstorms it's had in a very long time. It lasted for days, turning the city into a white wonderland. Now, you have to understand, Seattle has only TWO PLOWS for the entire city and surrounding areas, because it never snows. So, when something like this happens, the city literally shuts down. Major streets and roads are shut off because of ice on hills. People sledding in the middle of streets. Utter and awesome chaos. This lasted for three days, causing my wife to not be able to make it to work. We took advantage of the situation and became lazy hermits.

Everything after that was your usual holiday routine. We had a christmas eve gathering as well as on New Year's. I've started to write for a few things and have begun the new series of paintings for the last Trap Them record. I've been able to read and relax, so now it's hopefully time for me to be successful in my job search.

That's about it. I gave the long story short, because I'm very good at that.

LOST begins in just two weeks. I'm so excited, I don't know what to do with myself.

below is my reading list for 2008. 2009 has already started with some amazing works, and looks to get better. I have other things to say about what I'll be doing this year, but I can't talk about them yet. It's kind of like Fight Club, but not at all.

also....I posted a lengthy story below this post.

Listen to Black Breath. And Heiress.

2008 reading list:

Hollywood Horror by Mark Vieira
The Consumer by M. Gira (again)
Pictures of You by Matt Thorne
Exquisite Corpse by Poppy Z. Brite
Liquor by Poppy Z. Brite
Soul Kitchen by Poppy Z. Brite
The Fahrenheit Twins by Michel Faber
The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
D.U.C.K. by Poppy Z. Brite
Crystal Lake Memories by Peter M. Bracke
Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane
White Noise by Don DeLillo
The Siege of Trencher's Farm by Gordon M. Williams
The Best Revenge by Stephen White
The Secret Life of Laszlo. Count Dracula by Roderick Anscombe
Insomnia by Stephen King
Bag of Bones by Stephen King
Prime by Poppy Z. Brite
Desperation by Stephen King
Hearts in Atlantis by Stephen King
Rose Madder by Stephen King
Lisey's Story by Stephen King
Heartsick by Chelsea Cain
The Regulators by Richard Bachman
Bleeding London by Geoff Nicholson
Lost Boy Lost Girl by Peter Straub
Everything's Eventual by Stephen King
Bigfoot: I Not Dead by Graham Roumieu
From the Dust Returned by Ray Bradbury
Duma Key by Stephen King
From a Buick 8 by Stephen King
The Value of X by Poppy Z. Brite
Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill
Dreamcatcher by Stephen King
The Hellfire Club by Peter Straub
Blaze by Richard Bachman
Love That Dog by Sharon Creech
Underworld by Don DeLillo

No comments: