Friday, September 24, 2010

22.09.10.......walk the lawn like a lion, hon


This is how I spent the last few weeks.

Top three moments in my adult life:
1-Flying to Pittsburgh on August 5th, 2006 to meet up with a girl named Ashley. Two years later, she became Smashley Coffins McKenney. Best decision I've ever made.

2-Flying home from Boston to Seattle after nine weeks of US and European touring on April 28th or 29th (My memory is hazy....), 2008. When I got to the baggage claim area, I was greeted by Ashley. In her arms was a rat terrier puppy. I'd wanted a dog for my entire life.....thirty years later, I finally had my first little boy, and the closest thing I'll ever come to having children. I named him Panic, and he is mentally unstable....like his dad.

3- September 21st, 2010, I was given the first rough mix of the new record I was a part of. I put on my shitty headphones, kicked back on a recliner, closed my eyes and pressed play. Thirty some odd minutes later, I opened my eyes back up and took a walk outside onto the porch of the place we were staying. I took a deep breath of bitter fall air, the way only a place like New England can produce. I let it out and said to myself, "This is the one, motherfucker.....this is the one."

1 comment:

John A said...

Fuck yea. I want to hear the new record.